Saturday 10 February 2018

Rainbow bouquet, two ways

I made a card yesterday, and after I finished it, I saw the new challenge at "Where Creativity Meets C9", which is watercolour. Seeing as the card had a little bit of watercolour, but was mostly coloured with Copics, I though I would try to replicate it, but using only watercolour (Zig markers and water). These are the results of the two:
This one is the Copic coloured one. I stamped the image from Concord & 9th with Hero Arts Intense black ink onto watercolour card. I added a rainbow wash using Zigs and water, heat set it, then went over the flowers and leaves with matching Copic markers. I added some white accents using a white gel pen, and some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. The sentiment is from Altenew, stamped in black, cut out then adhered with foam adhesive.
 For this next one, I stamped the image with Versamark Onyx Black, because I knew I would be using a lot of water. The image is definitely more bold in this version! I heat set it before adding colour using Zig markers and my waterbrush. I finished it the same way as the first.


 Here they are side by side - which do you prefer?


http://www.wherecreativitymeetsc9.com/ch18/
Thanks for visiting :)

10 comments:

  1. beautiful coloring on both cards, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it's hard to choose. They do look very similar in both. Lovely, bold color and both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On this cold, grey, and sleepy morning, this card grabbed my eyelids and slammed them open. LOVE the zig coloring the best but loved the more white background on the copics the best. WOW! What a happy, colorful way to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing two ways of coloring! Such a terrific idea....no way to really choose a favorite though...both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both beautiful Michelle, love the rainbow colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely positively in love with both of these! Honestly, I can't choose a favorite. They're both fabulous in my book. Thanks so much for joining our Where Creativity Meets C9 watercolor challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Michelle! Both so very vibrant yet dreamy. :) Thanks for joining us at Where Creativity Meets C9.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both so beautiful. I pinned the first one simply because I like the yellow on the flowers. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could I choose a favorite? It's like asking which of my children I like best. Sensationally and beautifully done, BOTH. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.