Saturday 24 February 2018

Hello

I wanted to see if I could emboss over an alcohol ink background created on Yupo. The answer is yes.
I had to keep my heat tool moving constantly, because the Yupo started to warp if I left the heat on any one spot for too long. The background was created with alcohol inks, with a gold mixative, and I added gold foil over the top, which stuck to the slightly sticky parts of the alcohol inks (I learned this trick from Jenny Colacicco.) I stamped the flowers from Wplus9 "Kind Soul" in Versamark, then embossed with gold embossing powder from Hero Arts. I fussy cut around the image, adhered it to a white card base, then stamped and gold embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set.
 Thanks for visiting :)

7 comments:

  1. Such a striking card Michelle, the gold embossed flowers look fantastic on these vibrant blues, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers, these blues are spectacular and you couldn't have chosen a better color to emboss the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! So thrilled I have the Kind Soul stamp and alcohol inks...can't wait to try this combo! Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Colors are so vibrant - gotta try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Never thought to do this...will definitely be trying it! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love this card .beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.